Producer, Writer, Game Developer
Deborah is an award-winning game designer, writer, producer, and director of more than 30 published titles in books, television and video games, with three games reaching over 1,000,000 players. Her Serious Games have dealt with topics ranging from pre-school math to algebra, CAD Software design, biology, astronomy, multiple sclerosis, and environmental sustainability. Deborah has worked with iconic industry publishers and Hollywood studios such as Disney Interactive, Disneyland, Playdom, Fox, DreamWorks, Discovery Channel, PBS, MGM/UA, Columbia, Warner Bros., Nickelodeon, McGraw-Hill, and Google.
Her book, Game Design: From Blue Sky to Green Light, had producer Jon Landau hailed her as “a veteran of two entertainment industries: Hollywood and video games”. Game Design was recognized as one of the five most important industry books of 2007 by Game Developer magazine.
Deborah is a long-standing board delegate of the Producers Guild of America New Media Council, and the Writers Guild of America Video Game Writers Steering Committee.
- ABA Book Sellers Choice New Media Award
- ComputEd Best Interactive Story Award
- Child Magazine’s Best Software of the Year Award
- Parenting Magazine’s Software Magic Award
- Northern California Society for Technical Communications Distinguished Award
- U.S. News and World Report’s Top 12 Titles of the Year