- Typically applications are available three months before the Summit date.
- Applications will be available at the astrasteam.org site
- STEAMers will get an email notifying them of their acceptance 4-6 weeks prior to the conference date.
WA Summit Application Process
- Online Applications are available here.
- Please fill out the online application with your parent/guardian present.
- Once your online application is complete, you will receive an email with the Liability Waiver.
- Your parent/guardian should download, review, and sign the Waiver. Please send signed waivers to Ina Song at Ina@astrawba.org.
- Once we have received the signed Waiver, you will receive a confirmation email indicating the completion of your application.
Applications are due September 15, 2016 at 11:59PM (PST).
The 2016 WA STEAMer class will be announced in October, 2016.
In the month prior to the STEAM Summit, STEAMers will be working in teams for the ESTEAM Incubator Challenge. There will be a weekly training webinar for STEAMers to help assist STEAMers and their teams prepare for the ESTEAM Incubator Challenge and other Summit activities.
- This Summit is for Middle School and High School students ages 12 to 18. If you are 18, you must still be in high school at the time the summit occurs.
- There is no GPA minimum, but students will have the opportunity for students to discuss any special circumstances that might have affected her GPA.
- Students should demonstrate interest in studying Entrepreneurship, Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, or Math fields.
- Students must have the ability to travel to Summit venue. Astra STEAM does not cover travel and/or lodging costs for the participants.
- Students must obtain permission from their parent/guardian to attend the conference.
- Students must complete the application before the deadline.
- Students must be able to attend the entire two-day conference.